Meeting, Dating, and Choosing an Eternal Companion
Chapter 1 of Successful Marriages and Families
 |
"This will be the most important decision of your life, the individual whom you marry.”"
- President Gordon B. Hinckley
|
-------------------------------------------------------------------

|
When I moved to Rexburg, Idaho in September 2018, I had no idea how much my life would be changed for the better. I would like to address the single, college girls dreaming of your future, eternal companion. I wish to share part of my love story to give you some ideas, hope and excitement for the future.
Based on my readings from the book Successful Marriages and Families, I would like to share with you some tips that might help. First, take care of yourself. If you focus on improving yourself physically and emotionally, you will be that much more prepared to be the spouse that your future companion will need and love so much. It is important to keep in mind that the best way to do this is by living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Another thought to keep in mind is that your relationship, dating, engaged or married is not going to be equally balanced with how much you are giving and he is giving. It took me a while to learn this principle. My idea of a happy marriage was that both partners gave 50% to make 100%. I have since learned that this is a dangerous way of thinking and that in reality, some days you will give 90% and he 10% and another day he might give you 70% and you are only able to give 30%.Don't keep tally marks. Just put one another first.
|
Comments
Post a Comment