Skip to main content

Mothers as Nurtures

Chapter 12 of Successful Marriages and Families

Jenet J. Erickson


In the book Successful Marriages and Families, I read a story about a woman who got a call from her husband during lunch time. The call was cut short when her toddler knocked apple juice all over her, the floor and everything else. She was left to contemplate how this work she was doing as a mother, wiping apple juice off the floor with a rag, compared to her husbands work. Is it really that important to wipe noses, change diapers, clean up messes, and other motherly chores?

To me, the answer is an absolute YES! I believe that the call to be a mother is the most important role that a woman can have on this earth. The world seems to demean motherhood, but I believe it is a beautiful gift strait from God. I am so excited to become a mother shortly. I can't wait to welcome a baby girl into our family. 

In the Family Proclamation a line about motherhood states;

"Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children."

Nobody should ever be ashamed to be a righteous mother. It is by "divine design" that we are given this gift.




Comments